To enable transnational exchange and learning on spatial planning and territorial development in the Alpine Space, the Academy for Territorial Development in the Leibniz Association (ARL), the Interreg Alpine Space project OpenSpaceAlps and the Bavarian Ministry of Economic Affairs, Regional Development and Energy; Department of Regional Planning (StMWi) are jointly hosting an international conference, entitled: “Towards sustainable spatial development – transnational lessons on the safeguarding of open spaces and the reduction of land take”.
The event will be held on 19 and 20 October 2021 at AlpenCongress in Berchtesgaden (Germany).
The goals of the conference are:
- to define the main challenges in safeguarding open spaces and reducing land take,
- to exchange “good practices” and innovative approaches that contribute to a sustainable planning and space efficient development of built-up land and infrastructure,
- to define thematic priorities for the transnational “AlpPlan” alpine spatial planning network.
The conference is planned as a presence event in Berchtesgaden in compliance with the required health, hygiene and distance measures. Given the ever dynamic development of the Corona pandemic, we reserve the right to adapt the event format if necessary.
The registration is open until the 30 September 2021. All information incl. the agenda and the registration form is available from the ARL event website.
For any questions about the AlpPlan network and its activities:
- AlpPlan network website
- OpenSpaceAlps project: Constantin Meyer (email@example.com)
- Academy for Territorial Development in the Leibniz Association (ARL): Maximiliane Seitz (firstname.lastname@example.org)